Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue12] Should we use strongly typed message or any type for flexibility?

From: Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:04:04 +0000

Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]> added the comment:

After some discussion in Chicago, the group converged on a preference for 
the “any” type as it is used in the DSKPP draft today.  Strong typing is not 
recommended.  Phillip Hallam-Baker cited experience in OASIS wherein “any” was 
not allowed, but then the equivalent later relied upon.  He also reminded the 
group that “any” is used in XMLenc and XMLdsig, which are both relied upon by 
DSKPP.

----------
nosy: +keyprov
status: in-progress -> done-cbb

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue12>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov