Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue27] DSKPP: K_MAC in Four-Pass

From: Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:57:24 +0000

New submission from Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]>:

It would be better if, instead of relying on a special "K_AUTH" (or even 
K_TOKEN) in the 4-pass case, one would do something similar to two pass, i.e. 
compute a K_MAC in addition to K_TOKEN. Something like:

K_TOKEN | K_MAC = DSKPP-PRF (R_C, "Key generation" || k || R_S, dsLen + 
macKeyLen)

and then use K_MAC for key confirmation purposes. This should take away 
the need for a special K_AUTH or re-use of K_TOKEN for multiple purposes.

----------
messages: 70
nosy: andrea, keyprov
priority: critical
status: unread
title: DSKPP: K_MAC in Four-Pass

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue27>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov