Subject: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:52:56 +0200

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please find attached the latest schema and PSKC draft.

I have addressed most of the editorial comments from Andrea, Salah and
Tim Moses

Please note that I have not yet changes the AlgorithmParameters to
AlgorithmAttributes, please see my separate email on this subject.

TODO:

*         Ming needs to update the passphrase example

*         Ming to add description of MACMethod

*         Philip to change Symmetric key encrypted example to reflect
MACMethod

Comments to be addressed:

*         Tim Moses: I think foreign XML namespaces should be declared
somewhere (e.g. XMLEnc). Not left in the schema itself but maybe in the
terminology section or separate section

*	Andrea has the same comment: * S1.0 - Please refer to DSKPP
S1.1, S1.2, and S1.3 for Versioning and XML namespace info.  This same
info is covered in PSKC, but much later.  It would be easier for KEYPROV
readers to find the info is organized in the same place across both
docs.
*	Do we need to support different padding algorithms or are we
happy to only support PKCS5 padding for not padded algorithms (e.g.
AESCBC-128?)

Philip

________________________________

Philip Hoyer 

Senior Architect - Office of CTO

ActivIdentity (UK)

117 Waterloo Road

London SE1 8UL

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7960 0220

Fax: +44 (0) 20 7902 1985

Private and confidential: This message and any attachments may contain

privileged / confidential information. If you are not an intended
recipient,

you must not copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in reliance on
it.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender

and delete this message immediately.

---

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:02:27 +0200

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Another version with some revisions:

*	Added the MACMethod to the symmetric encrypted example and
generated proper  values programmatically (added definition of values to
the spec)
*	Corrected some other typos
*	Corrected other incorrect examples (asymmetric, bulk..)
*	Changes the schema to reflect the current use of
AlgorithmParameters instead of Algorithm Attributes

TODO:

Ming to correct passphrase based example.

Still need to address comments:

 

Philip

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Philip Hoyer
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:53 PM
To: Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo); [email-masked];
Phillip Hallam-Baker; [email-masked]; Pei, Mingliang; KEYPROV
Subject: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

Ladies and Gentlemen,

TODO:

Philip

Philip Hoyer 

ActivIdentity (UK)

117 Waterloo Road

London SE1 8UL

---

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:10:55 -0700

Here is a newly updated version with the following changes:
 
- MACMethod description in the key protection section
- PBE example fixed
- Describe how IV is conveyed
- Reference section: add reference about W3C derived key and KW-AES with
padding

- Ming

	From: Philip Hoyer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 5:02 AM
	To: Philip Hoyer; Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; Pei, Mingliang; KEYPROV
	Subject: RE: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

	Ladies and Gentlemen,

	*	Added the MACMethod to the symmetric encrypted example
and generated proper  values programmatically (added definition of
values to the spec) 
	*	Corrected some other typos 
	*	Corrected other incorrect examples (asymmetric, bulk..) 
	*	Changes the schema to reflect the current use of
AlgorithmParameters instead of Algorithm Attributes 

	TODO:

	*         Tim Moses: I think foreign XML namespaces should be
declared somewhere (e.g. XMLEnc). Not left in the schema itself but
maybe in the terminology section or separate section

	*	Andrea has the same comment: * S1.0 - Please refer to
DSKPP S1.1, S1.2, and S1.3 for Versioning and XML namespace info.  This
same info is covered in PSKC, but much later.  It would be easier for
KEYPROV readers to find the info is organized in the same place across
both docs. 
	*	Do we need to support different padding algorithms or
are we happy to only support PKCS5 padding for not padded algorithms
(e.g. AESCBC-128?) 

	Philip

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Philip Hoyer
	Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:53 PM
	To: Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; Pei, Mingliang; KEYPROV
	Subject: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

	Ladies and Gentlemen,

	I have addressed most of the editorial comments from Andrea,
Salah and Tim Moses

	Please note that I have not yet changes the AlgorithmParameters
to AlgorithmAttributes, please see my separate email on this subject.

	TODO:

	*         Philip to change Symmetric key encrypted example to
reflect MACMethod

	*         Tim Moses: I think foreign XML namespaces should be
declared somewhere (e.g. XMLEnc). Not left in the schema itself but
maybe in the terminology section or separate section

	*	Andrea has the same comment: * S1.0 - Please refer to
DSKPP S1.1, S1.2, and S1.3 for Versioning and XML namespace info.  This
same info is covered in PSKC, but much later.  It would be easier for
KEYPROV readers to find the info is organized in the same place across
both docs. 
	*	Do we need to support different padding algorithms or
are we happy to only support PKCS5 padding for not padded algorithms
(e.g. AESCBC-128?) 

	Philip

	Philip Hoyer 

	ActivIdentity (UK)

	117 Waterloo Road

	London SE1 8UL

	Private and confidential: This message and any attachments may
contain

	privileged / confidential information. If you are not an
intended recipient,

	you must not copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in
reliance on it.

	If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender

---

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:09:42 +0200

Ming,

Another updated version:

-          corrected a couple of typos on the MACMethod and added
normative reference to PKCS5

-          added a new section around CryptoModuleInfo (section 4.2.2) -
please all review the text.

-          Reworded introduction

Philip

From: Pei, Mingliang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:11 AM
To: Philip Hoyer; Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; KEYPROV
Subject: RE: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

- Ming

	Ladies and Gentlemen,

	TODO:

	 

	Philip

	Ladies and Gentlemen,

	TODO:

	Philip

	Philip Hoyer 

	ActivIdentity (UK)

	117 Waterloo Road

	London SE1 8UL

---

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:59:32 -0700

Hi Philip,
 
Thanks for the addition. I am good for the description about the
CryptoModuleInfo. We need to change schema section to reflect Id being
MANDATORY. Currently, it is optional. It is sufficient that the element
of CryptoModuleInfo is optional in a Key type.
 
- Ming

	From: Philip Hoyer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:10 AM
	To: Pei, Mingliang; Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; KEYPROV
	Subject: RE: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

	Ming,

	Another updated version:

	-          corrected a couple of typos on the MACMethod and
added normative reference to PKCS5

	-          added a new section around CryptoModuleInfo (section
4.2.2) - please all review the text.

	-          Reworded introduction

	Philip

	- MACMethod description in the key protection section
	- PBE example fixed
	- Describe how IV is conveyed
	- Reference section: add reference about W3C derived key and
KW-AES with padding

	- Ming

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		*	Added the MACMethod to the symmetric encrypted
example and generated proper  values programmatically (added definition
of values to the spec) 
		*	Corrected some other typos 
		*	Corrected other incorrect examples (asymmetric,
bulk..) 
		*	Changes the schema to reflect the current use of
AlgorithmParameters instead of Algorithm Attributes 

		TODO:

		*         Tim Moses: I think foreign XML namespaces
should be declared somewhere (e.g. XMLEnc). Not left in the schema
itself but maybe in the terminology section or separate section

		*	Andrea has the same comment: * S1.0 - Please
refer to DSKPP S1.1, S1.2, and S1.3 for Versioning and XML namespace
info.  This same info is covered in PSKC, but much later.  It would be
easier for KEYPROV readers to find the info is organized in the same
place across both docs. 
		*	Do we need to support different padding
algorithms or are we happy to only support PKCS5 padding for not padded
algorithms (e.g. AESCBC-128?) 

		Philip

		From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Philip Hoyer
		Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:53 PM
		To: Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; Pei, Mingliang; KEYPROV
		Subject: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		I have addressed most of the editorial comments from
Andrea, Salah and Tim Moses

		Please note that I have not yet changes the
AlgorithmParameters to AlgorithmAttributes, please see my separate email
on this subject.

		TODO:

		*         Philip to change Symmetric key encrypted
example to reflect MACMethod

		*         Tim Moses: I think foreign XML namespaces
should be declared somewhere (e.g. XMLEnc). Not left in the schema
itself but maybe in the terminology section or separate section

		*	Andrea has the same comment: * S1.0 - Please
refer to DSKPP S1.1, S1.2, and S1.3 for Versioning and XML namespace
info.  This same info is covered in PSKC, but much later.  It would be
easier for KEYPROV readers to find the info is organized in the same
place across both docs. 
		*	Do we need to support different padding
algorithms or are we happy to only support PKCS5 padding for not padded
algorithms (e.g. AESCBC-128?) 

		Philip

		Philip Hoyer 

		ActivIdentity (UK)

		117 Waterloo Road

		London SE1 8UL

		Private and confidential: This message and any
attachments may contain

		you must not copy, distribute, discuss or take any
action in reliance on it.

		If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender

---

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:07:59 +0200

All,

Please find attached a new updated version.

*	Changed the CryptoModuleInfo.Id to mandatory in the schema
*	Added namespace Identifier section in line with DSKPP

	*	Added required informational references

*	Corrected IANA XML URN registration section (was still
referencing version in URN)

I believe this one is ready to be submitted.

Quick question do we want to re-introduce the terminology section?

Philip

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:00 AM

Hi Philip,

- Ming

	Ming,

	Another updated version:

	-          Reworded introduction

	Philip

	- Ming

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		TODO:

		 

		Philip

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		TODO:

		Philip

		Philip Hoyer 

		ActivIdentity (UK)

		117 Waterloo Road

		London SE1 8UL

---

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:59:36 +0200

As discussed on the call yesterday please find attached the latest
version including section 6.4 on Padding (specified as PKCS5 for now.

I also corrected a couple of xml nags so it converts properly now.

Philip

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Philip Hoyer
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:08 PM
To: Pei, Mingliang; Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo);
[email-masked]; Phillip Hallam-Baker;
[email-masked]; KEYPROV
Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Latest version of PSKC

All,

Philip

Hi Philip,

- Ming

	Ming,

	Another updated version:

	-          Reworded introduction

	Philip

	- Ming

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		TODO:

		 

		Philip

		Ladies and Gentlemen,

		TODO:

		Philip

		Philip Hoyer 

		ActivIdentity (UK)

		117 Waterloo Road

		London SE1 8UL