Subject: [KEYPROV] OASIS KMIP - Approaching "WGLC"

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:32:40 +0200

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/kmip/201005/msg00035.html

Apparently fairly extensive interoperability tests have been performed 
as well.

The speed of this work has been quite impressing!

The only thing I disagree with is the scope which I believe (in 
practice) will
turn out to be considerably more narrow than specified in the charter.

IMO this is completely OK since the requirements for managing keys in
"slave devices" like storage and HSM units are quite different to managing
keys for end-users with mobile phones.

Regarding the latter, I have just finished the post provisioning 
KM-operations
on both the API, Protocol and Reference Implementation level for 
KeyGen2/SKS.
See "pp_deleteKey", "pp_updateKey" and "pp_cloneKeyProtection" in the
API Description and Java reference code for details.

Due to the X.509-based Key-ID scheme, none of these operations depend on
whether the target key (entry actually), is Symmetric, Asymmetric, or 
holds an
Information Card + Associated PKI certificate/key for IdP authentication.

Anders
http://webpki.org/auth-token-4-the-cloud.html