Subject: draft-ietf-kink-kink-08.txt

From: Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:50:20 +0900

I posted the version 08.  You can get it from
	http://www.taca.jp/kink/draft-ietf-kink-kink-08.txt
although the i-d manager will send the copy to this mailing list.

regards,

> I am sorry that posting the next draft is delay due to the network
> trouble where there is my repository server.
> I will post it as soon as possible after the trouble will be solved.
> 
> > #7 is not yet, but I am going to post the next version #8 soon
> > (probably tomorrow or the day after tomorrow).
> > #8 fixes all issues in the Issue List.  But english grammer issues
> > and expression issues are remained.  So it is helpful to review #8
> > in these point of view.  When they will be fixed, then I will post #9.
> > it will be the WGLC version.
>

---

From: Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:08:29 +0900

ISAKMP Delete payload can not indicate direction of SA.  The section 3.3
should describe that the payload contain which direction of SA.

   3.3.  DELETE Message Flow

      The DELETE command deletes existing SAs.  The DOI specific payloads
      describe the actual SA to be deleted.  For the IPSEC DOI, those
      payloads will include an ISAKMP payload containing the SPI to be
      deleted in each direction.

I would like to add the following text to clear it.

   The ISAKMP payload contains ISAKMP Delete payload(s) which is
   indicated to the inbound SA for the initiator of this flow.  KINK
   does not allow half-open SAs, thus when the responder receives a
   DELETE command, it MUST delete SAs of both sides, and MUST reply with
   ISAKMP Delete Payload which is also indicated to the inbound SA for
   the responder of this flow.  If the receiver cannot find an
   appropriate SPI to be deleted, it MUST return an ISAKMP notification
   with INVALID_SPI, which also serves to inform the initiator that it
   can delete the inbound SA.