Subject: RE: AD review: draft-ietf-kitten-2478bis-02

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:52:02 +1100

>> A publication request for this document should be accompanied by a
>true assertion that the ASN.1 module has been 
>> validated.  Please include the name of the person doing the validation
>and the tool used.
>
>Larry Zhu, Microsoft ASN.1 Compiler V1.0.
>
>I will also ask Luke to post which tool he used.

We used the Heimdal ASN.1 compiler. Note that it doesn't support
CHOICE so it is hand-marshalled.

-- Luke
--

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: "Liqiang\(Larry\) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:09:40 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> Do we have the original text, or the new text you proposed, or
something else?

We agreed to use the new text.

The new text is better in that it is more explicit. The problem I had
with the old text was that the term "based on" was too vague (although
it does not contradict with the fact that the caller can reduce the set
of negotiable mechanisms for which the initiator has credentials).

I think the difference (between the old and the new text) is too subtle
for us to have an issue here.

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Hutzelman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 3:03 PM
To: Liqiang(Larry) Zhu; Sam Hartman
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: AD review: draft-ietf-kitten-2478bis-02

On Monday, December 13, 2004 13:29:44 -0800 "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I chatted with Sam over the phone and he agreed to withdraw two of 
> objections below, and for the remaining one I added a note in 5 c).

Um.  So what text did we end up with for not negotiating a mechanism you
don't have credentials for?  Do we have the original text, or the new
text you proposed, or something else?

-- Jeff