Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:03:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Desired Enhancements to GSSAPI Naming
	Author(s)	: S. Hartman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
The Generic Security Services API (GSS-API) provides a naming
   architecture that supports  name-based authorization.  GSS-API
   authenticates two named parties to each other.  Names can be stored
   on access control lists to make authorization decisions.  Advances in
   security mechanisms and the way implementers wish to use GSS-API
   require this model to be extended.  As people move within an
   organization or change their names, the name authenticated by GSS-API
   may change.  Using some sort of constant identifier would make ACLs
   more stable.  Some mechanisms such as public-key mechanisms do not
   have a single name to be used across all environments.  Other
   mechanisms such as Kerberos include may include group membership or
   role information as part of authentication.  This document motivates
   extensions to GSS-API naming and describes the extensions under
   discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten