Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update
	Author(s)	: M. Upadhyay, S. Malkani
	Filename	: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 102
	Date		: 2006-1-31
	
The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
   offers application programmers uniform access to security services
   atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  This document
   updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are specified in RFC
   2853 [JGSS].  This document obsoletes RFC 2853 [JGSS] by making
   specific and incremental clarifications and corrections to it in
   response to identification of transcription errors and implementation
   experience.  The only note-worthy changes are in sections 4.12.1,
   6.3.2, and 6.8.1 of RFC 2853 [JGSS], which are replaced by the
   sections 5.12.1, 7.3.2, and 7.8.1 of this document, where numerical
   constants were either added or modified.

   The GSS-API is described at a language independent conceptual level
   in RFC 2743 [GSSAPIv2-UPDATE].  The GSS-API allows a caller
   application to authenticate a principal identity, to delegate rights
   to a peer, and to apply security services such as confidentiality and
   integrity on a per-message basis.  Examples of security mechanisms
   defined for GSS-API are The Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism
   [SPKM] and The Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism [KERBV5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten