Subject: Working Group Last Call: Extended Generic Security Service Mechanism Inquiry APIs

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:23:28 -0400

The Kitten Chair has received a request to submit
"Extended Generic Security Service Mechanism Inquiry APIs"
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-extended-mech-inquiry-02.txt>
to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Abstract

   This document introduces new application programming interfaces
   (APIs) to the Generic Security Services API (GSS-API) for extended
   mechanism attribute inquiry.  These interfaces are primarily intended
   for use in mechanism composition, but also to reduce instances of
   hardcoding of mechanism identifiers in GSS applications.

   These interfaces include: mechanism attributes and attribute sets, a
   function for inquiring the attributes of a mechanism, a function for
   indicating mechanisms that posses given attributes, and a function
   for displaying mechanism attributes.

A two week Working Group Last Call is being initiated to determine if
this document is ready for publication.   Positive acknowledgment of
document review and feedback is requested.

The working group last call will terminate at 00:00 EST 2 November 2006.

Jeffrey Altman
Kitten Chair
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten