Subject: WGLC for Java GSS-API Update

From: Seema Malkani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:55:31 -0700

An update to the Java GSS-API specification has been submitted in 
draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-02.txt

This document updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are 
specified in "Generic Security Service API version 2 : Java Bindings" 
(RFC2853), by making specific and incremental clarifications and 
corrections to it in response to identification of transcription errors 
and implementation experience. The note-worthy changes are in the 
sections stated in the draft, where numerical constants were either 
added or modified.

Please begin WGLC at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Seema

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:57:29 -0400

The Kitten Chair has received a request to submit "An Update to the Java
GSS-API Specification"
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-02.txt>
to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Abstract

   The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
   offers application programmers uniform access to security services
   atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  This document
   updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are specified in
   "Generic Security Service API version 2 : Java Bindings" (RFC2853).
   This document obsoletes RFC2853 by making specific and incremental
   clarifications and corrections to it in response to identification of
   transcription errors and implementation experience.  The note-worthy
   changes are in sections 4.12.1, 6.2.2, 6.3.2, and 6.8.1 of RFC2853,
   which are replaced by the sections 5.12.1, 7.2.2, 7.3.2, and 7.8.1 of
   this document, where numerical constants were either added or
   modified.

   The GSS-API is described at a language independent conceptual level
   in "Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2,
   Update 1" (RFC2743).  The GSS-API allows a caller application to
   authenticate a principal identity, to delegate rights to a peer, and
   to apply security services such as confidentiality and integrity on a
   per-message basis.  Examples of security mechanisms defined for GSS-
   API are "The Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism" (RFC2025) and "The
   Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism (RFC4121).

A two week Working Group Last Call is being initiated to determine if
this document is ready for publication.   Positive acknowledgment of
document review and feedback is requested.

The working group last call will terminate at 00:00 EST 2 November 2006.

Jeffrey Altman
Kitten Chair