Subject: AD review comments for the GSS-API domain name specs

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:39:14 -0400

These AD comments need to be fixed.  However they are rather minor so
I'm going to last call the comments in parallel.

draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names :

* There is no IANA considerations section yet actions (allocation of
  an oid) are requested of IANA

* Do we really want to recommend _foo._tcp.example.tld instead of just
  example.tld?

draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-names

What does the following text mean:

   o  the realm of the resulting principal name is that which
      corresponds to the domain name, treated as a hostname.
         
I think you may mean something like: As with host-based service names,
implementations need to choose the appropriate realm for the Kerberos
principal corresponding to the domain-based name.  This realm is the
Kerberos realm that is authoritative for the domain portion of the
name, not the host portion of the name.  Typically Kerberos
implementations have a facility that can map a host name to a realm;
implementations MAY use the realm that results from providing the
domain portion of the name as an input into this facility.

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten