Subject: Last Call: 'GSS-API Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type' to Proposed Standard(draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:17:05 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Kitten (GSS-API Next 
Generation) WG to consider the following documents:

- 'GSS-API Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type '
   <draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-03.txt> as a Proposed
Standard
- 'GSS-API Domain-Based Service Names Mapping for the Kerberos V GSS 
   Mechanism '
   <draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-names-03.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

Two minor issues have been identified with these drafts that will be
corrected in parallel to the last call.  First, the base draft has no
IANA actions section but requests IANA to allocate an OID.  Second,
the Kerberos V mapping draft has unclear text describing how the realm
name is chosen; the working group is clear on the desired behavior,
but the current text may not be sufficiently clear.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-11-03.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-names-03.txt

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten