Subject: Working Group Last Call: Stackable Generic Security Service Pseudo-Mechanisms

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:26:49 -0400

The Kitten Chair has received a request to submit
"Stackable Generic Security Service Pseudo-Mechanisms"
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-stackable-pseudo-mechs-02.txt>
to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Abstract

   This document defines and formalizes the concept of stackable pseudo-
   mechanisms, and associated concept of composite mechanisms, for the
   Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface (GSS-API),
   as well as several utility functions.

   Stackable GSS-API pseudo-mechanisms allow for the composition of new
   mechanisms that combine features from multiple mechanisms.  Stackable
   mechanisms that add support for Perfect Forward Security (PFS), data
   compression, additional authentication factors, etc... are
   facilitated by this document.

A two week Working Group Last Call is being initiated to determine if
this document is ready for publication.   Positive acknowledgment of
document review and feedback is requested.

The working group last call will terminate at 00:00 EST 2 November 2006.

Jeffrey Altman
Kitten Chair
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten