Subject: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-02 review

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:12:45 -0700

As promised at IETF-68, here is my review of this draft.  I apologize 
for not doing this sooner.

Overall comments:

Does this draft need to obsolete RFC 2853, but rather just contain the
corrections/clarifications based from RFC 2743? I think that most of
the people looking at this document are going to be those you already
have existing class libraries and will want to know what exactly should
be changed.

Are there any issues where garbage collection may be indeterministic
enough for freeing sensitive data?

4. Additional Controls
--
Optional services list needs delimiters of item and its definition.

5.2 Provider Framework
--
Add comma here:

functionality to the components obtained from providers, the GSS-API
can be extended to support an arbitrary list of mechanisms.

5.14 Channel Bindings
--

The channel binding mechanism example is out-dated. Refer to:
draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-02.txt

6.3 GSSCredential interface
--

Should we consider draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-store-cred-02.txt here/now?

Thanks,

Shawn.
--

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Seema Malkani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:21:40 -0800

> have existing class libraries and will want to know what exactly should

This draft does need to obsolete RFC 2853. The GSS error codes were 
misaligned in the spec, which need to be fixed.

> enough for freeing sensitive data?

No. The GC will sweep all objects not referenced. If you are concerned 
about any sensitive data, we do provide API where applicable. For 
instance, we provide an API dispose() to release any system resources.

> 4. Additional Controls

Will fix it.

> 5.14 Channel Bindings

This draft does not change the Channel Bindings structure. Extensions to 
GSS will be covered separately.

> 6.3 GSSCredential interface

All GSS extensions will be covered separately.

Thanks,
Seema