Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GSS-API Internationalization and Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type
	Author(s)       : N. Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document describes domainname-based service principal names and
the corresponding name type for the Generic Security Service
Application Programming Interface (GSS-API).  Internationalization of
the GSS-API is also covered.

Domain-based service names are similar to host-based service names,
but using a domain name (not necessarily an Internet domain name) in
addition to a hostname.  The primary purpose of domain-based names is
to provide a measure of protection to applications that utilize
insecure service discovery protocols.  This is achieved by providing
a way to name clustered services after the "domain" which they
service, thereby allowing their clients to authorize the service's
servers based on authentication of their service names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-domain-based-names-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten