Subject: [kitten] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sova-sasl-exturi-00]

From: Milan Sova <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:47:19 +0100

Hi.

	I have uploaded an initial sketch of yet another SASL mechanism
re-using external AA infrastructures. Do you think we might discuss it
in Prague?

	Regards
-- 
						Milan Sova
						[email-masked]

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sova-sasl-exturi-00
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:45:07 -0800 (PST)

A new version of I-D, draft-sova-sasl-exturi-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Milan Sova and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sova-sasl-exturi
Revision:	 00
Title:		 SASL External URI Mechanism
Creation_date:	 2011-03-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework for
providing authentication to connection-oriented protocols.  This memo
specifies a SASL mechanism leveraging an existing external
authentication infrastructure built for access control for URL-
identified resources.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:03:12 -0400

I'd prefer that we not spend more time on SASL mechanisms  that offer
neither security layers nor channel binding.
This particular approach does not seem promising for adding either.
So my preference is that if you want to go forward with this you do so
outside the IETF process.