Subject: [kitten] GSS-API additions?

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:29:54 +0100

I know this document has expired, but I don't recall if there were any
discussion or conclusion on it.  The APIs are implemented and deployed
in Heimdal and Shishi for some time now (years), and the calls are
useful for GS2 implementers.  Is there interest in moving this forward
in this WG?  I believe it makes sense to at least publish it as
informational because it is widely deployed.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-01

/Simon

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:07:41 -0400

I was not aware of the existence of this draft before now.
It does seem like a good thing to standardize.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:48:27 +0000

Hi Simon,

>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-01
This is a fine document and I am happy to serve as the document shepherd 
for it.

---

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:03:22 -0600

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-01

The draft looks straight forward.  I've added this to the agenda:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/agenda/kitten.txt

(to make a consensus call on whether we should adopt).

Shawn.
--

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:56:05 -0400

> (to make a consensus call on whether we should adopt).

As Simon indicates, the APIs are implemented and deployed.  The draft
should be republished and submitted for last call as an independent
submission.  I don't think it needs to be added to the agenda.

Just my two cents ...

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:40:46 +1100

> submission.  I don't think it needs to be added to the agenda.

I've added an implementation of this to MIT Kerberos in the users/lhoward/moonshot-mechglue-fixes branch.

-- Luke

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:46:00 +1100

> I've added an implementation of this to MIT Kerberos in the users/lhoward/moonshot-mechglue-fixes branch.

... and the Cyrus SASL GS2 implementation in the Moonshot GIT repository now uses draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-01 APIs if present.

-- Luke

---

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 01:09:29 -0600

> ... and the Cyrus SASL GS2 implementation in the Moonshot GIT repository now uses draft-josefsson-gss-capsulate-01 APIs if present.

All good points for leaving as an individual submission.  Removing from 
the agenda.

Shawn.
--