Subject: [kitten] SCRAM implementations in the XMPP community

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:05:15 +0200

Just so you know, at the XMPP WG interim meeting last month I asked the
participating developers about who had implemented SCRAM (RFC 5802). I
then also asked the question on the main discussion list for developers
in the XMPP community. As a result, I can say that we have a number of
implementations (probably not limited to the following)...

Servers
  M-Link
  Prosody
  SoapBox Server

Libraries
  CAXL
  Jabber-Net
  MatriX
  Telepathy

Clients
  Empathy
  Gajim
  Pidgin
  Pandion
  Psi
  SoapBox Communicator
  Swift

Some of these even support channel bindings, although I don't have a
good count of those.

I'm sure there are more on the way, too.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:19:04 +0100

>   M-Link

Supports channel bindings, same code in M-Box, an IMAP server,  
interop tested with a GNU SASL based client.

>   Gajim

I'd note for the record that I wrote this support into Gajim, and  
based it on the code from Polymer - however it's simpler, and doesn't  
do channel bindings.

>   Swift
Swift also supports channel bindings, interop tested against M-Link  
(and maybe others). Swift actually has a library Swiften which  
contains the code.

Finally, both M-Link and M-Box were also tested against my  
implementation (developed independently), Polymer, which also does  
channel bindings. Polymer was also tested against a GNU SASL based  
IMAP server.

So there are at least three clients and two servers known to  
interoperate in various combinations with SCRAM-SHA1-PLUS.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: Jehan Pagès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:19:04 +0900

Hi Peter,

I have implemented SCRAM (no channel binding yet) for a XMPP library
as well. It was not done when you asked on the list so I didn't
answered, plus the library itself is not usable yet:
OX (OCaml XMPP): http://ox.tuxfamily.org/

Just to add to the list of existing SCRAM implementations.

Jehan

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Kitten mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
>
>