Subject: [kitten] RFC 6331 on Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6331

        Title:      Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic 
        Author:     A. Melnikov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 14047
        Obsoletes:  RFC2831

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6331.txt

This memo describes problems with the DIGEST-MD5 Simple
Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) mechanism as specified in
RFC 2831.  It marks DIGEST-MD5 as OBSOLETE in the IANA Registry of
SASL mechanisms and moves RFC 2831 to Historic status.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is 
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC