Subject: [kitten] [The IESG] [abfab] Last Call: <draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-05.txt> (Name Attributes for the GSS-API EAP mechanism) to Proposed Standard

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:24:33 -0400

<hat role="editor"/>

hi.
The GSS EAP naming draft is in last call.
I wanted to make sure that people here saw the discussion.
Simon has already sent review comments.

Subject: [abfab] Last Call: <draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-05.txt> (Name Attributes for the GSS-API EAP mechanism) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:17:17 -0700
List-Id: "Application Bridging, Federated Authentication Beyond \(the web\)" <abfab.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Application Bridging for
Federated Access Beyond web WG (abfab) to consider the following
document:
- 'Name Attributes for the GSS-API EAP mechanism'
  <draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The naming extensions to the Generic Security Services Application
   Programming interface provide a mechanism for applications to
   discover authorization and personalization information associated
   with GSS-API names.  The Extensible Authentication Protocol GSS-API
   mechanism allows an Authentication/Authorization/Accounting peer to
   provide authorization attributes along side an authentication
   response.  It also provides mechanisms to process Security Assertion
   Markup Language (SAML) messages provided in the AAA response.  This
   document describes the necessary information to use the naming
   extensions API to access that information.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
abfab mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab