Subject: [kitten] Consensus Calls

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 01:27:49 -0600

The WG is making the following consensus calls (which were formulated 
from the interim meeting held on May 6th):

1. In regards to draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth,RFC 6616, and RFC 6595;do 
we allow for GS2 mechanisms that don't providemutual authentication? 
This would entail changing the GS2 specification (RFC 5801) to relax 
this constraint.

a. Yes
b. No
c. Don't careor need more information

2. Do we allow the IAKERB draft (draft-ietf-kitten-iakerb) to pull in 
the finished message text from the PKU2U draft (draft-zhu-pku2u)?  
Subsequently, if the PKU2U draftis progressed, it will make a normative 
reference to the IAKERB draft.

a. Yes
b. No
c. Don't careor need more information

3. In regards todraft-williams-kitten-channel-bound-flag; are you in 
favor of using the NULL contextsolution for the channel bound 
indicatoras opposed to a new set credential API?

a. Yes
b. No
c. Don't careor need more information

Please provide your input before May 29th.Thank you.

Shawn Emery.
kitten co-chair
--

---

From: "Cantor, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 20:43:13 +0000

Couple days late, sorry.

> 1. In regards to draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth, RFC 6616, and RFC 6595; do we
> allow for GS2 mechanisms that don't provide mutual authentication?  This
> would entail changing the GS2 specification (RFC 5801) to relax this
> constraint.
> 
> a. Yes
> b. No
> c. Don't care or need more information

I'm going with (c) specifically in that I'd want to understand the implications for existing libraries/code that would have to change. I put a high premium on avoiding platform lifts. Red Hat 5 and whatever it shipped with will be supported but frozen through 2017, to use one egregious example.

-- Scott