Subject: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:30:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A set of SASL Mechanisms for OAuth
        Authors         : William Mills
                          Tim Showalter
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-15.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-07-22

Abstract:
   OAuth enables a third-party application to obtain limited access to a
   protected resource, either on behalf of a resource owner by
   orchestrating an approval interaction, or by allowing the third-party
   application to obtain access on its own behalf.

   This document defines how an application client uses credentials
   obtained via OAuth over the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
   (SASL) to access a protected resource at a resource serve.  Thereby,
   it enables schemes defined within the OAuth framework for non-HTTP-
   based application protocols.

   Clients typically store the user's long-term credential.  This does,
   however, lead to significant security vulnerabilities, for example,
   when such a credential leaks.  A significant benefit of OAuth for
   usage in those clients is that the password is replaced by a shared
   secret with higher entropy, i.e., the token.  Tokens typically
   provide limited access rights and can be managed and revoked
   separately from the user's long-term password.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/