Subject: [kitten] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hansen-scram-sha256-01.txt

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:57:51 -0400

I just posted this update to the document I circulated back in April, 
registering SCRAM-SHA-256 as a SASL mechanism.

I added Minimum iteration-count and OID to the registration form for 
SCRAM-* registrations.

I kept the minimum iteration count for SCRAM-SHA-256 set at 4096. This 
should probably be discussed further.

One question I have for this: would it be worth change SCRAM 
registrations to Expert Review in place of IETF review?

There was discussion in the HTTPAUTH working group this morning, asking 
about the use of SHA2 as an HTTP mechanism instead of the SHA1 being 
discussed in Alexey's draft.

An open question is whether this could/should become a working group 
draft. I am happy with it being handled either that way or keeping it an 
individual AD-sponsored draft. (I've already spoken with Steven and 
Kathleen about that possibility.)

     Tony Hansen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-hansen-scram-sha256-01.txt
Date: 	Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:49:56 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms
         Author          : Tony Hansen
	Filename        : draft-hansen-scram-sha256-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-07-24

Abstract:
    This document registers the SASL mechanisms SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-
    SHA-256-PLUS.  It also updates RFC 5802 in minor ways.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hansen-scram-sha256-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hansen-scram-sha256-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/