Subject: [kitten] takeaways from the Toronto session (i.e., please volunteer)

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:32:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Looking through my notes from Shawn's presentation, we need volunteers to 
pick up the following documents to issue a new revision addressing 
comments that have already been made:
(1) draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility
(2) draft-ietf-kitten-iakerb
which is not actually a large list of documents needing new 
coauthors/editors.  I think I can pick up IAKERB as I mentioned in the 
jabber room, so that just leaves pkinit-alg-agility.

We also haven't heard much from Nico recently about 
draft-ietf-kitten-channel-bound-flag.  Nico, do you think having a 
coauthor would help that move along faster?

We also haven't had much movement on draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-ec; if I 
remember correctly, Scott has been pretty busy and hasn't had time to work 
on it, but Shawn is going to talk with Scott and get a sense of how to 
move forward (so we are not necessarily looking for coauthors at this 
time).

We also needed volunteers for a couple of other tasks (other than 
reviewing documents, for which we always welcome more help):
(1) Coming up with initial entries for the gssapi-extensions-iana registry 
(and trying out the process/form for adding a new entry to the registry, 
if I understand correctly?)  It sounded like Alexey wanted to try getting 
that done in-person in Toronto; please let us know if that proves to be 
inadequate.
(2) Verifying the test vectors in the draft for the new AES enctypes.
I said that I would try to do (2).

And, of course, there are always more documents to review.  Called out in 
particular were:
draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-15 that just came out this morning
draft-josefsson-kitten-gs2bis
[several people volunteered to review draft-ietf-krb-wg-cammac during the 
meeting]

Shawn, did I miss anything?

-Ben

---

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:23:39 -0600

On 7/23/14 8:32 AM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looking through my notes from Shawn's presentation, we need volunteers 
> to pick up the following documents to issue a new revision addressing 
> We also haven't had much movement on draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-ec; 
> if I remember correctly, Scott has been pretty busy and hasn't had 
> time to work on it, but Shawn is going to talk with Scott and get a 
> sense of how to move forward (so we are not necessarily looking for 
> coauthors at this time).
>
> (1) Coming up with initial entries for the gssapi-extensions-iana 
> registry (and trying out the process/form for adding a new entry to 
> the registry, if I understand correctly?)  It sounded like Alexey 
> wanted to try getting that done in-person in Toronto; please let us 
> know if that proves to be inadequate.

We will meet during lunch tomorrow to start work on the registry subset.

> And, of course, there are always more documents to review.  Called out 
> in particular were:

Matt has volunteered to inspect this update, but would like more reviewers.

> [several people volunteered to review draft-ietf-krb-wg-cammac during 
> the meeting]
>

I had left out draft-ietf-kitten-kerberos-iana-registries.  Tom had 
requested help in populating the registry.  He had mentioned that there 
may be some entries for review in the near future.  Are there any 
volunteers to help Tom define the Kerberos registry?

Shawn.
--

---

From: "Cantor, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:27:42 +0000

>> sense of how to move forward (so we are not necessarily looking for

Yes, I have a number of edits to do based on feedback from Sam and others
but it's been languishing in my queue for the last few months. I recently
finished implementing support for it in our upcoming IdP release, so this
is not dead, just resting.

-- Scott