Subject: [kitten] AuthorizationData Type registry?

From: "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:53:51 +0100

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a place where AuthorizationData types
are listed. rfc4120.txt hash section "7.5.4.  Authorization Data Types",
but there're a lot a values missing.

E.g. 142 was used by early MIT and Heimdal releases for
KRB5-AUTHDATA-SIGNTICKET,
it seems this got renumbered to 512 because [MS-KILE] has
KERB-AD-RESTRICTION-ENTRY (141) and KERB-LOCAL (142).

For "Pre-Authentication and Typed Data" there's a much better list, e.g.
in rfc6113.txt section "7.1.  Pre-Authentication and Typed Data".
This seems to be the current list:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/kerberos-parameters/kerberos-parameters.xhtml#pre-authentication

But
http://www.iana.org/assignments/kerberos-parameters/kerberos-parameters.xhtml
doesn't
list AuthorizationData types.

metze

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

> list AuthorizationData types.

The document
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-kerberos-iana-registries-03
proposes to move control of this number space over to IANA, but that
document has been lingering around due to lack of WG energy.

Its author (Tom Yu) currently maintains a local registry for many Kerberos
numbers which have not yet been transitioned to IANA.

-Ben Kaduk

---

From: "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:13:47 +0100

Hi Benjamin,

> document has been lingering around due to lack of WG energy.

Thanks for the pointer!

> numbers which have not yet been transitioned to IANA.

Tom, is your registry available somewhere?

Thanks!
metze