Subject: [kitten] Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-10.txt> (AES Encryption with HMAC-SHA2 for Kerberos 5) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:18:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'AES Encryption with HMAC-SHA2 for Kerberos 5'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies two encryption types and two corresponding
   checksum types for Kerberos 5.  The new types use AES in CTS mode
   (CBC mode with ciphertext stealing) for confidentiality and HMAC with
   a SHA-2 hash for integrity.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.