Subject: [kitten] Protocol Action: 'Generic Security Service API Version 2: Java Bindings Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:34:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generic Security Service API Version 2: Java Bindings Update'
  (draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Authentication Technology Next
Generation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis/

Technical Summary
This document is a Proposed Standard to update RFC 5653 (Generic
Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update). This document
addresses a flaw in RFC 5653 by extending the GSSException class with
an error token, as well as removing the specification of stream-based
GSSContext methods.

Working Group Summary
There is consensus among the WG for this document, and it saw active
discussion and review by WG members. As a ‘bis’ document, all errata
have been considered. Concerns about the design of the stream-based
GSSContext methods were brought up and addressed during the WG Last
Call process and there was agreement on their removal from the
document.

Document Quality
See above.

Personnel
Matt Rogers is the Document Shepherd. Eric Rescorla is the Responsible
Area Director.