Subject: Re: [L2sm] L2SM charter proposal

From: 顾 戎 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 07:12:59 +0000

Hi, dear all.

Glad to find L2SM here. Personally, I think YANG data model development has much lagged behind open source project. Thus it's responsible for standardization organization to speed up.

As I followed L3SM activity in the last IETF meetings, I witnessed the success of L3SM being delivered. About the L2SM charter, I have reviewed as it's in the same format introducing more service innovation.

To be honest, I think L2SM is valuable and can help fill the gap which L3SM is not covered.

Best regards.

Gu Rong

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to L2SM,

This list is for discussion of a potential new working group: Layer 2 VPN
Service Model.

A *draft* charter has been posted at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/l2sm/charter/ and is open for discussion and
revision.

There is also a candidate I-D that has been worked on by some service providers
available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wen-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/ This is
very much a work in progress with new revisions expected between now and
IETF-97.

If all goes well we hope to meet in Seoul to discuss the draft and open up the
work to the community. We are particularly interested in input from the operator
community.

Thanks,
Adrian

draft-wen-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-00 - datatracker.ietf.org<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wen-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/>
datatracker.ietf.org
A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery (Internet-Draft, 2016)

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:13:43 +0100

Forwarding for ChongFeng who is having list subscription problems.
Adrian
 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26 October 2016 14:39
To: l2sm
Cc: adrian; bclaise
Subject: Re: [L2sm] L2SM charter proposal

>> But we could...
>> OLD
>> The working group will coordinate with other working groups responsible for
>> L2VPN protocol work (most notably with BESS and PALS) and with the MEF.
>> NEW
>> The working group will coordinate with other working groups responsible for
>> L2VPN protocol work (most notably with BESS and PALS). It will also
coordinate
>> with other organizations working on related L2VPN data models (such as the
>> MEF).
>> END
 
>Noting external dependencies in a separate sentence is better.
 
>Do the WG proponents plan to share details on how they plan to deal with the
overlapping work in MEF?

Sorry for late reply, talking with our delegate in MEF,I think the collaboration
is needed if the detailed performance parameters, performance metric,
performance objective should be modeled in l2sm model, but the debate point is
how much details we should cover, since I don't believe we should focus on
enumerating a large list of perf measurement related data, if it is healthy to
have them, I think we should create a sla container for placeholder to include
these parameters that are defined by MEF 23.2,definitely MEF reference is
needed, right now we authors still debate on details we should cover.

Chongfeng Xie
 
  _____