From: "Gokul Subramaniam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:33:49 -0600

Hello.,

Problem Context:
Implementation of an L2TP tunnel to access private network.
Compulsory tunneling is used. Tunnel setup is done for the users after
authentication using RADIUS.
RADIUS is used to get the tunnel information (using access request and
accept messages passing the LAC-tunnel initiator info in access req and
receiving LNS-tunnel terminator info in access accept message) - in
conformance to IETF Draft: RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol Support
<draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-auth-09.txt>.

Problem:
Although the RADIUS extension for tunnel-auth
<draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-auth-09.txt>
provides the LNS ip address and supported tunnel type, it does not support 
configuration information for ipsec.
LNS gets the LAC information from RADIUS. But where does the LNS get
ipsec related information for the tunnel terminator (LAC). This is not
addressed in the RADIUS Tunnel support draft. In order to get the ipsec
profile and ike profiles should the LNS be configured separately on a
per tunnel terminator basis?

Are there any extensions that support getting the profiles or
negotiating the ipsec and ike profiles as part of getting the tunnel
terminator information?

Input is appreciated.
-Gokul.

Gokul V. Subramaniam          
NORTEL Networks
CDMA Wireless Data Development
email:[email-masked]
Ph:972 685 8214. ESN:445 8214