Subject: L2TP over AAL5

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:22:36 +0530

Hi ,

    What is the NLPID for L2TP that can be used in AAL5 header. L2TP over AAL5 draft does not
specify this. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Arul.

---

From: Rene Tio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:48:02 -0800

Firstly, my apologies for not uploading the L2TP over FR draft.  My "other"
job (which happens to be my real job) is impinging on my old job.

Secondly, L2TP over ATM uses the LLC-SNAP format, thus there is no NLPID
required.  The NLPID for Frame Relay is 0x80, which indicates a SNAP header
follows.

Rene

---

From: "Ajoy Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 12:07:22 -0600

We still need to get PID for L2TP over AAL5.  I think we should ask IANA to give PID for L2TP. I am
not aware of how this works. Any suggestions !
regards,
ajoy

---

From: Rene Tio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:25:34 -0800

When we went to IANA for L2TP over FR, we got 0x0007 for L2TP.  Thus for
both Frame Relay and ATM, the OUI is IANA's OUI (00-00-5E) and the PID is
0x0007.

Rene