Subject: Multilink PPP on l2tp

From: Tatsuya Yanagibashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:37:47 +0900

Folks,

I am having issue regarding to Multilink PPP on L2TP. As you know, 
MP on L2TP has potentially problem when it happens to renegotiate 
LCP configuration option. I think this problem depend on that 
Endpoint-Discriminator(ED) could be changed during LCP renegotiation. 
I feel that some Terminal Adaptor doesn't expect to recieve sencond 
ED value on single link which is different from 1st value is 
negotiated with LAC. 

One of solution is ProxyLCP. If LNS is able to agree with  all 
parameter, we can avoid renegotiation. But unfortunately, it cannot
be useful for all cases because LNS sometime want to renegotiate. 
In this case, LNS sends new ED value which is generated by LNS 
itself even if LNS knows the ED value which is negotiated between 
remote user and LAC. 

Does anybody know there is LNS implementation to send same ED 
value in LCP renotiation which LNS learns by ProxyLCP from LAC.

Regards,
Tatsuya