Subject: ACCM

From: "Revati Mariappan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 04:30:23 -0600

hi,

In which scenario is ACCM used ?
Is it for something like PPP convertor ?

revati

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com

---

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:38:41 -0500 (EST)

> In which scenario is ACCM used ?

It's used for negotiating away the default set of escaped characters
on AHDLC links.

> Is it for something like PPP convertor ?

L2TP itself is something like a PPP converter.

-- 
James Carlson                                  <[email-masked]>
"PPP Design and Debugging" --- http://people.ne.mediaone.net/carlson/ppp

---

From: Bill Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:35:31 -0800 (PST)

I'm working on an open source implementation of a L2TP Compulsory LAC for
Linux.  Currently, it works minimally with incoming calls only.  We have
taken a stab at the endpoint descriminator issue, but are hoping someone
here could give some expert advice.

Current state:  We create two independent LCP layers between client and
LAC, and LAC and LNS.  The client & LAC negotiate LCP first.  The NULL
endpoint descriminator is sent to the client.  'What the client said' is
passed by LAC to the LNS during their LCP negotiations.  'What the LNS
said' is ignored.

The LNS receives the correct information thus should be ok.  The LAC
doesn't care.  So the question is -- will this work on the client?

We're trying to avoid the complexity and problems of having the LNS
renegotiate LCP with the client and still arrive at a general solution.

Bill Baumann

For those interested in the project, see www.ratdevil.com/l2tp.  The site
is a couple of months out of date, please contact me for current
information.