Subject: l2tpext Draft Status

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:38:30 -0500

Following is the status I currently have on the Standards Track Drafts
for l2tpext. I will present this, and discuss any status issues, on
Wednesday at our meeting in MN but wanted to be sure that it was posted
to the WG at large beforehand. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks,

- Mark

(listed in alphabetical order)

draft-ietf-l2tpext-atmext-04.txt
IETF Last Call began March 5, completion scheduled for April 5.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-03.txt
In discussion (on IETF agenda this week)

draft-ietf-l2tpext-eth-00.txt
Update promised with more substantial applicability statement.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-fr-01.txt
Now RFC3070

draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-atm-02.txt
Update promised from authors with TBD section on how to setup an SVC for
a VC-muxed payload. Also, this draft is still missing from the L2TPEXT
Charter Page, likely confusion with atmext. I have sent a request for
this
to be corrected.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-mib-01.txt
Needs updating, looking for volunteers.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tpbis-01.txt
Likely to be transformed into two documents.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tphc-03.txt
In WG Last Call. Awaiting a reply from IANA, and then ready to move
forward to IESG for PS.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-link-01.txt
This is simply an update of the expired draft that began WG last call a
long time ago. Finally submitted to Area Directors for PS consideration.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-ppp-discinfo-02.txt
In WG Last Call. Awaiting update with a new Security Considerations
section

draft-ietf-l2tpext-security-02.txt
Entered WG Last Call on Feb 14, recently forwarded to Area Directors for
IESG consideration as Proposed Standard.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-sesinfo-03.txt
This is simply an update of the expired draft that began WG last call a
long time ago. Finally submitted to Area Directors for PS consideration.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-svctype-00.txt
Dependent on new L2tp Charter acceptance, could be rolled into base L2TP
draft.