Subject: retransmitted sccrq

From: "Vipin Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 21:24:30 -0700

rfc 2661 mentions the following behavior on recipt of an SCCRQ in
wait-ctl-conn state:

   wait-ctl-conn   Receive SCCCN,    Send StopCCN,        idle
                           not acceptable    Clean up

It mentions sending a StopCCN and "clean up" when such an event occurs.
Is that desired? Consider the following situation:

LAC                                                   LNS
SCCRQ                                  ----->     valid SCCRQ
<never reaches LAC>              X-----      Send SCCRP, enters
wait-ctl-conn
rexmit SCCRQ                        ----->     LNS should clean up and send
StopCCN

Can we deal with the situation in a better way? Say, send SCCRP instead of
an StopCCN?

thanks,
vipin jain
nortel networks.