Subject: FWD: Protocol Action: Securing L2TP using IPSEC to Proposed Standard

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:19:22 -0700

(for some reason, the sender was different from the usual one, and this message
bounced).

PatC
---

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Securing L2TP using IPSEC'
<draft-ietf-l2tpext-security-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark amd Thomas
Narten

Technical Summary
 
L2TP [RFC2661] provides for the tunneling of PPP traffic over IP and
other packet switched networks. This document discusses how L2TP
utilizes IPsec to provide for tunnel authentication, privacy
protection, integrity checking and replay protection.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus in the WG for this document and no issues were
raised during IETF Last Call.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

----- End forwarded message -----