Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:03:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP'
	Author(s)	: W. Townsley et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-01.txt
	Pages		: 72
	Date		: 19-Oct-01
	
This document describes the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
L2TP tunnels Layer 2 packets across an intervening network in a way
that is as transparent as possible to both end-users and
applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Andreas Siegert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:46:05 +0200

Hi,

Could some kind soul please point me to example setup docs.
I want to connect a w2k box in an ipsec tunnel via a freeswan/l2tpd box.
The ipsec part works. But PPPD is driving me nuts. It complains about
authentication. I thought l2tpd does that already?! Anyway, PPPD does not seem
to honor any debug flags in the options file or from the l2tp command. 

This is on debian 3.0pre woody.

Example l2tpd.conf and ppp/options files would be very welcome.

thx
afx

-- 
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831
D-81667 Muenchen, Germany                        WWW: www.atsec.com
                      May the Source be with you!