Subject: [L2tpext] Re: please help me!!!!!

From: Vipin Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

kchen,

I'd recommend you send emails to the mailing list as well.
The new version of ts draft is going to add/clarify following:
- what to regenerate a new value with
- expand more on 'congestion control'
- make the terminology L2TPv2 based
- some editorial changes
- support stack AVPs

As regarding your question: The regeneration need not mean
that the value can't ultimately assume the same value as what
came in. So in case of SCCRQ, yes it would. But REGENERATION,
in this case, emphasizes the fact that TSA explicitly acknowledges
what goes in this AVP.

RELAY means 'no modification'; just pass it on.. There is no IP
address in every AVP, so what IP address to change when relaying
the AVP. The control messages destined to the peer, would of course,
have the correct destination IP, but that doesn't constitute the
definition of RELAY an AVP. So, I am not sure if I answered your
question.

thanks,
-- vipin

--- kchen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> hi all:
>     I read the
"http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-03.txt"written
> by you.I have some questions to ask you.First,you say there are 3 behaviors
> for AVPs in TSA,but I dont know how to regenerated the AVPs.For example,if
> the avp is Message Type such as SCCRQ,why must it be regenerated?Regerate to
> what?Second I think RELAY is to modify the dest IP,is it true?If you can help
> me,I am very appreciate of you.Thank you very much!!!
>                     a chinese student 
> 

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo
http://search.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext

---

From: Vipin Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

kchen,

thanks,
-- vipin