Subject: [L2tpext] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:14:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: L2TP Tunnel Switching
	Author(s)	: R. Penno, V. Jain et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-04.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-7-31
	
L2TP Tunnel Switching, also called L2TP Multihop, is the process of
forwarding PPP payload from an L2TP session to another L2TP session
over a different tunnel. It facilitates moving the logical
termination point of an L2TP session, based on layer2 characteristics
or administrative policies, to a different LNS.  This document
introduces the L2TP tunnel switching nomenclature, defines the
behavior of standard AVPs [L2TP] in tunnel switching deployment, and
proposes protocol extensions for inter-operable tunnel switching
implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-tunnel-switching-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.