Subject: [L2tpext] Minutes from l2tpext, IETF 57

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:55:18 +0200

IETF-57, Vienna
Tuesday 7/16/03 3:15pm
L2TPEXT minutes

Mark - Agenda bashing

Sasha Vainshtein - Graceful restart update on behalf of authors

Sasha presented draft. Pat Calhoun asked questions about how one might avoid 
session hi-jacking, and if there was forwarding info sent that could be used 
maliciously. Somewhat incorherent discussion ensued, and it was decided to take 
the issue offline.

Mark - Sequence numbers are assumed to be check pointed, not lost??
Sasha - Sessions are terminated on linecards w/circuits, with control
plane on different part of the system. Wanted
psuedo wire traffic to not be impacted by control plane reboots..
Mark - So this draft does not target failover to another line card at all.
Sasha - Right..

Mark - What happens when control plane restart for non-established
sessions?
Sasha - Control connection broken, non-completed sessions need to
be re-established after control returns.

Mark - Hmm for next steps on doc?
no response for or against doc...

Mark - L2TPv3 updates (please see slides)

Note, incorrect version was accidentally sent prior to meeting, correct
version was sent to list with edits.

Mark - WG overview & draft status (see slides)

End.

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext