Subject: [L2tpext] L2TPv3 companion documents

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:58:55 -0400

With draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-14.txt approved by the IESG for Proposed 
Standard publication, we now need to update the various companion drafts for 
ethernet, frame relay, atm, etc. These need to be updated ASAP, reconciled with 
references to and from PWE3, and a final WG last call submitted.

draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-atm-01.txt
draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-ethernet-01.txt (expired)
draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-fr-03.txt (expired)
draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-hdlc-03.txt

I would like to see draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-01.txt revived as well. While 
PPP can of course be carried using the pwe3-hdlc draft referred to above, this 
PPP draft included scope for access applications, allowing L2TPv2 access 
applications to move to L2TPv3.

As an aside, note that the associated IANA values for L2TPv3 have been assigned:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/l2tp-parameters

- Mark

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext