Subject: [L2tpext] L2tpext Milestones

From: Carlos Pignataro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:28:31 -0400

Working Group,

The outstanding WG Milestones are past due. There was an onlist
discussion about updating the milestones, and we should pick up where we
left off to come up with a sensible set of milestones and completion dates.

The current past-due pending milestones are:

Mar 2004  Submit L2TP Header Compression to IESG for consideration as a
          Proposed Standard
Apr 2004  Submit Internet-Draft of PPP over L2TPv3 to IESG
Mar 2005  WG Last Call on L2TP RADIUS and Infomsg Extensions

And updating them would entail a few things: evaluate the current
milestones, come up with updated completion dates for the items that the
WG wants to continue working on, remove items that are no longer of
interest to the group, and add active WG documents that do not have an
associated milestone.

Specifically, there does not seem to be enough interest to continue
working on "L2TP Header Compression"  (latest revision is from Nov
2002), and if that's the case we should remove it. If you think this is
incorrect, please comment. The other two items(PPPoL2TPv3 and Infomsg)
are active and we'd need to set realistic completion dates.
Additionally, there are a number of documents that the group is working
on that we'd need to add (EAP, Tunnel Switching, TDP over and IP over).
Based on this read of the group's wish, here's how the resulting list of
proposed milestones would look like from these updates:

The proposed updated milestones would look like:

Mar 2008  Submit Internet-Draft of PPP over L2TPv3 to IESG
Mar 2008  WG Last Call on L2TP Tunnel Switching
Mar 2008  WG Last Call on L2TP Proxy Authenticate Extensions for EAP
Jun 2008  WG Last Call on L2TP RADIUS and Infomsg Extensions
Jun 2008  WG Last Call on TDM over L2TPv3
Jun 2008  WG Last Call on IP over L2TPv3

How does this look? I'd like to ask the group to send any comments on
these milestone updates to the list, your input is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Carlos and Ignacio.

-- 
--Carlos Pignataro.
Escalation RTP - cisco Systems

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext