Subject: [L2tpext] RFC 5641 on Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) Extended Circuit Status Values

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:04:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5641

        Title:      Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 
                    3 (L2TPv3) Extended Circuit Status Values 
        Author:     N. McGill, C. Pignataro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23133
        Updates:    RFC3931, RFC4349, RFC4454, RFC4591, RFC4719

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-circuit-status-extensions-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5641.txt

This document defines additional Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3
(L2TPv3) bit values to be used within the "Circuit Status" Attribute
Value Pair (AVP) to communicate finer-grained error states for
Attachment Circuits (ACs) and pseudowires (PWs).  It also generalizes
the Active bit and deprecates the use of the New bit in the Circuit
Status AVP, updating RFC 3931, RFC 4349, RFC 4454, RFC 4591, and RFC
4719.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute