Subject: [L2tpext] RFC 5611 on Layer Two Tunneling Protocol version 3 - Setup of Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) Pseudowires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:24:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5611

        Title:      Layer Two Tunneling Protocol version 
                    3 - Setup of Time-Division Multiplexing 
                    (TDM) Pseudowires 
        Author:     A. Vainshtein, S. Galtzur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21979
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5611.txt

This document defines extensions to the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
version 3 (L2TPv3) for support of structure-agnostic and
structure-aware (Circuit Emulation Service over Packet Switched
Network (CESoPSN) style) Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) pseudowires.
Support of structure-aware (Time-Division Multiplexing over IP
(TDMoIP) style) pseudowires over L2TPv3 is left for further study.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

---

From: Carlos Pignataro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:37:56 -0400

Congratulations to the Authors !

Notably, a milestone for the Working Group: With this RFC, IANA assigned
the IETF AVP Attribute Type 100 !

Thanks,

-- Carlos.

On 8/18/2009 7:24 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> L2tpext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext
>