Subject: [L2tpext] Fwd: RFC 8159 on Keyed IPv6 Tunnel

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 21:13:32 +0000

Congratulations L2tpext on another RFC published!

— Carlos.

Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC 8159 on Keyed IPv6 Tunnel
Date: May 5, 2017 at 11:43:50 PM EDT
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 8159

       Title:      Keyed IPv6 Tunnel
       Author:     M. Konstantynowicz, Ed.,
                   G. Heron, Ed.,
                   R. Schatzmayr,
                   W. Henderickx
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       May 2017
       Mailbox:    [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
       Pages:      12
       Characters: 27302
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel-07.txt

       URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8159

       DOI:        10.17487/RFC8159

This document describes a tunnel encapsulation for Ethernet over IPv6
with a mandatory 64-bit cookie for connecting Layer 2 (L2) Ethernet
attachment circuits identified by IPv6 addresses.  The encapsulation
is based on the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) over IP
and does not use the L2TPv3 control plane.

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC