Subject: Use of L2TP base VPLS

From: "Tissa Senevirathne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 02:34:25 +0000

ID below present use of L2TP base signaling for VPLS. Work in this ID is 
presented as complimentary to other work currently in progress at WG level.

I appreciate your comments and feedback

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-l2tp-vpls-00.txt

Tissa

_________________________________________________________________
Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month 
(depending on the local service providers in your area).  
https://broadband.msn.com

---

From: Sasha Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:47:16 +0200

Tissa and all,
I have tried to compare your draft with
draft-heinanen-radius-l2tp-vpls-00.txt.

My first observation is that draft-heinanen support VPLS operation
(subject to some auto-discovery mechanism which is out of scope
of L2TP) without introducing any extensions to the basic L2TP level.
IMO, the approach used in this draft can be used with any auto-discovery
mechanism (direc tory-based, BGP-based etc.) with minimal changes. 
(Of course,I can be wrong here:-)

Hence I would like to understand the rationale for far-reaching changes
to L2TP proposed in  your draft.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
With best regards,
                          Sasha Vainshtein
email:   [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
phone:  +972-3-7659993 (office)
            +972-8-9254948 (home)
            +972-58-674833 (cellular)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tissa Senevirathne [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 4:34 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Use of L2TP base VPLS
> 
> 
> 
>