Subject: RE: [PWE3] IPv4 and IPv6 for draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-02.txt

From: "Shah, Himanshu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:09:26 -0400

Precisely. We will add a section (I think Chris Metz is going to look
into providing the appropriate text) in the current draft, may be
outlining the issues and noting that details will be covered in another
draft or as future work item.

/himanshu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mark Townsley
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:29 AM
To: [email-masked]; pwe3
Cc: Margaret Wasserman
Subject: [PWE3] IPv4 and IPv6 for draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-02.txt

Since I suggested taking this to the list...

It seems to me that for IPv4 and IPv6 are quite different (different ARP

issues, etc). At a minimum, we would need a new PW Type for an IPv6 IPLS
PW.

I cannot speak for the entire IESG, but my view is that the current IPLS

work should be documented clearly as IPv4 only. IPv6 should be defined 
as well, ideally as a section in the same document. However, if there is

no one willing and able to do the work now it could be covered in a 
future document.

- Mark

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:30:34 -0400

I'll repeat what I said at the microphone - if anyone feels that it's 
essential that IPv6 be supported in the current draft, please supply the text.

Thanks,
Andy

------------