Subject: L2VPN Interworking

From: "Kolovos, Ilias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:07:55 +1000

Hi all
apologies for the broadcast. Can anyone please advise if the
draft-sajassi-l2vpn-interworking-01.txt has been superseded by another draft
? It supposedly expired on October 2003. I am interested in VPLS to L3VPN
interworking and the sajassi draft had a useful section in it. Perhaps VPLS
to L3VPN interworking is described in another draft somewhere.
thanks in advance
IK

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.
**********************************************************************

---

From: "Ali Sajassi \(sajassi\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:14:01 -0700

This draft was discussed couple of years ago and it was considered to be
outside of the L2VPN charter and scope. However, it was within the scope
of MFA (MPLS/FR/ATM forum). Most of the material in that draft has been
presented as a separate IA to the MFA and it has gone through straw
ballot there. However, the section on VPLS to L3VPN interworking was not
covered there. If there is enough interest, I may introduce a short
draft on this topic plus covering a few additional scenarios.
 
-Ali

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Kolovos, Ilias
	Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:08 PM
	To: [email-masked]'
	Subject: L2VPN Interworking

	Hi all 
	apologies for the broadcast. Can anyone please advise if the
draft-sajassi-l2vpn-interworking-01.txt has been superseded by another
draft ? It supposedly expired on October 2003. I am interested in VPLS
to L3VPN interworking and the sajassi draft had a useful section in it.
Perhaps VPLS to L3VPN interworking is described in another draft
somewhere.

	thanks in advance 
	IK 

	This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and 

	intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they 

	are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify 

	the system manager.