Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Provisioning, Autodiscovery, and Signaling in L2VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2006-5-5
	
Provider Provisioned Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs) may
   have different "provisioning models", i.e., models for what
   information needs to be configured in what entities.  Once
   configured, the provisioning information is distributed by a
   "discovery process".  When the discovery process is complete, a
   signaling protocol is automatically invoked to set up the mesh of

   Pseudowires (PWs) that form the (virtual) backbone of the L2VPN.
   This document specifies a number of L2VPN provisioning models, and
   further specifies the semantic structure of the endpoint identifiers
   required by each model.  It discusses the distribution of these
   identifiers by the discovery process, especially when discovery is
   based on the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).  It then specifies how
   the endpoint identifiers are carried in the two signaling protocols
   that are used to set up PWs, the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
   and the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TPv3).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.