Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Virtual Private LAN Services Using LDP
	Author(s)	: M. Lasserre, V. Kompella
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-6-5
	
This document describes a Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) 
  solution using pseudo-wires, a service previously implemented over 
  other tunneling technologies and known as Transparent LAN Services 
  (TLS).  A VPLS creates an emulated LAN segment for a given set of 
  users, i.e., it creates a Layer 2 broadcast domain that is fully 
  capable of learning and forwarding on Ethernet MAC addresses that 
  is closed to a given set of users.  Multiple VPLS services can be 
  supported from a single PE node. 
   
  This document describes the control plane functions of signaling 
  pseudo-wire labels using LDP [RFC3036], extending [RFC4447].  It is 
  agnostic to discovery protocols.  The data plane functions of 
  forwarding are also described, focusing, in particular, on the 
  learning of MAC addresses.  The encapsulation of VPLS packets is 
  described by [RFC4448].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Du Wenhua <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:47:46 +0800

Hi,

  In Page 11 of vpls-ldp-09 added one clause: Qualified learning is the default mode and MUST be supported. Support of unqualified learning is OPTIONAL.

  I have some question:

  1) Why qualified learing  is the default mode instead of unqualitied?
     In vpls-ldp-08, there are no such clause. Why vpls-ldp-09 add such clause? 
 
  2) Where is the define of "a customer" in the draft?  
     
     Case 1: in qualified learning mode, a customer with 3 customer VLANs, each customer VLAN is assigned to its owner VPLS instance. So there are 3 VPLS instances, 3 customer VLAN.
     Case 2: in unqualified learning mode, 3 customer with their owner 1 customer VLANs( they are from 1 802.1Q ethernet port), each customer is assigned to its owner VPLS instance. So there are 3 VPLS instance, 3 customer VLAN.
     The result of case 1 is same as that of case 2, both of them are 3 VPLS instances, 3 customer VLANs.
      
     So how to distinguish  between "a customer with 3 VLAN" and "3 customers with 1 VLAN each"? 

Yours   
　　　　　　　　Du Wenhua
　　　　　　　　　　2006-06-06

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Internet-Drafts <[email-masked]>
>Sent: 03:50:01,2006-06-06
>To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt

>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-09.txt
>
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =