Subject: New I-D : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS

From: "Dutta, Pranjal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:32:41 +0530

Hi All,

               I have submitted a new I-D for review and comments in
L2VPN WG.

      Title       : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal
in H-VPLS

      Author(s)   : P. Dutta

      Filename    : draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt         

      Pages       : 8

      Date        : 2006-7-12 

      This document proposes an extension to MAC address withdrawal in
H-VPLS

      through LDP Address Withdraw Message with empty MAC List as
defined in 

      [VPLS-LDP]. This extension optimizes MAC address withdrawal by
flushing 

      only those MAC addresses that are affected due to topology change.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-
00.txt

Please review and put forward your comments.

Thanks,

Pranjal Kumar Dutta

Lucent Technologies,

J P Techno Parks, #3/1 Millers Road,

Bangalore - 52, India

E-mail: [email-masked]