Subject: RE: safi type and MP_REACH_NLRI format for draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08(resend with CR)

From: "MEDIRATTA Rohit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:16:39 -0600

Hi Peng,
  It is the same AFI/SAFI (25/65) in both cases. Interoperability
between RFC 4761 and draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08 is not within the
scope of this document.

   "Note that this advertisement is quite similar to the NLRI format
   defined in [I-D.ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp], the main difference being that
   [I-D.ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp] also includes a label block in the NLRI.
   Interoperability between the VPLS scheme defined here and that
   defined in [I-D.ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp] is beyond the scope of this
   document."

-Rohit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of peng li
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: safi type and MP_REACH_NLRI format for
draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08(resend with CR)

Hi Eric/Wei/Bruce/Vasile or other expects:
  Can anyone please drop me a line about what SAFI type should be used
with BGP based VPLS auto-discovery defined in
draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08, section 3.2.2?
  
  If it is indeed using AFI/SAFI of 25/65 as mentioned in section 6, how
to distinguish this from MP_REACH_NLRI with same AFI/SAFI type used in
RFC4761 with label blocks?  Can you please outline the MP_REACH_NLRI
format that should be used for draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08? (in the
draft it seemed to be RD:prefix?) 

thanks in advance,
peng