Subject: Poll on BGP IPv4 Address Specific Extended Community

From: Shane Amante <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:19:26 -0600

Hello,

It appears as if IANA has allocated an "IPv4 Address Specific" BGP  
Extended Community to two different Internet Drafts, which are on  
their way to becoming Proposed Standards.

1)  The Ext Community 0x010A was allocated as an "IPv4 address- 
specific Layer-2 VPN Identifier" in the following draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling-08#section-6

2)  The Ext Community 0x010A was *also* allocated as "VRF Route  
Import" in the following draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp-06#section-18

The chairs of L3VPN & L2VPN intend to work with IANA to correct this  
error and ensure a unique Ext Community value is assigned to both  
drafts.  We would like to ask those who have implemented either 'draft- 
ietf-l2vpn-signaling' or 'draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp' to  
inform us of what is their status of their implementation.  Our intent  
is to then ask IANA to assign a new Extended Community for the draft  
that has the least number of implementations.  Your response may be  
public or private.  Private responses should go to either or both WG  
chairs in L3VPN or L2VPN.

The deadline for this poll is ~3 weeks and will close on 5/22/2009.

If you have an implementation of draft-ietf-l2vpn-signaling, please  
provide the following information:

1.   Organization
1.1. Organization URL(s)

2.   Status:
2.1  [ ] Development
2.2  [ ] Alpha
2.3  [ ] Beta
2.4  [ ] Generally Available
2.5  [ ] Other (describe):

3.   Privacy:
3.1  [ ] Yes   [ ] No    May we publish your identity and Organization?

If you have an implementation of draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp,  
please provide the following information:

1.   Organization
1.1. Organization URL(s)

2.   Status:
2.1  [ ] Development
2.2  [ ] Alpha
2.3  [ ] Beta
2.4  [ ] Generally Available
2.5  [ ] Other (describe):

3.   Privacy:
3.1  [ ] Yes   [ ] No    May we publish your identity and Organization?

Thanks,

Shane, Vach, Danny & Marshall