Subject: Fwd: Ending WG adoption call for draft-boutros-pwe3-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:16:18 -0500

I'm forwarding this for the information of the L2VPN WG.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Subject: [PWE3] Ending WG adoption call for draft-boutros-pwe3-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Well, this has taken a bit longer than two weeks, and for that we
apologize, but based on the comments received on the PWE3 list, the
PWE3 co-chairs, L2VPN co-chairs, and the routing ADs discussed the
draft and we all agree that this draft is better suited for L2VPN than
PWE3.

This ends the PWE3 call for adoption, the authors should consider
updating the draft based on received comments (including updating the
draft name to include l2vpn rather than pwe3), and then work through
the usual process in the L2VPN WG. This does not begin any actions in
the L2VPN WG, any such actions will need to be requested on that
group's list.

Thanks,
Andy

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This begins a two-week PWE3 WG adoption call for https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boutros-pwe3-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02 , ending February 6. Please respond with your approval, disapproval, and other comments to the PWE3 list. If you don't support the adoption, providing a reason would be useful to the authors and the working group, but is not required. Of course, the reason why you support the draft is also welcome, but also optional. This request will be a part of PWE3 WG adoption calls going forward.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy and Matthew
>

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:49:55 -0800

Thanks Andy,

We will change the name of the draft to be a l2vpn draft, and update 
it with the comments received
and submit it shotly.

Thanks,

Sami
At 05:16 AM 2/28/2012, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> > This begins a two-week PWE3 WG adoption call for 
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boutros-pwe3-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02 , 
> ending February 6. Please respond with your approval, disapproval, 
> and other comments to the PWE3 list. If you don't support the 
> adoption, providing a reason would be useful to the authors and the 
> working group, but is not required. Of course, the reason why you 
> support the draft is also welcome, but also optional. This request 
> will be a part of PWE3 WG adoption calls going forward.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andy and Matthew
> >
>
>