Subject: Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt> (LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements) to Proposed Standard

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:02:30 +0000

FYI MPLS and L2VPN WGs.

Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Last Call: (LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized 
PWid FEC Elements) to Proposed Standard
Date: 	Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:33:04 -0800
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements'
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt>  as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    The "Typed Wildcard Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) Element"
    defines an extension to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) that
    can be used when it is desired to request or withdraw or release all
    label bindings for a given FEC Element type.  However, a typed
    wildcard FEC element must be individually defined for each FEC
    element type.  This specification defines the typed wildcard FEC
    elements for the PWid (0x80) and Generalized PWid (0x81) FEC element
    types.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce