Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 21:34:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)       : Pranjal Kumar Dutta
                          Florin Balus
                          Olen Stokes
                          Geraldine Calvinac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-07.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-09-09

Abstract:
   [RFC4762] describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses
   that have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster
   convergence on topology change.  The procedure also removes MAC
   addresses in the VPLS that do not require relearning due to such
   topology change.  This document defines an enhancement to the MAC
   Address Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List [RFC4762], which
   enables a Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the MAC addresses
   that need to be relearned.  Additional extensions to [RFC4762] MAC
   Withdrawal procedures are specified to provide optimized MAC flushing
   for the PBB-VPLS specified in [I-D.ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model] .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/