Subject: Mail regarding draft-l2vpn-vlpm

From: "Boldy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:34:46 -0400

Please feel free to provide any input.
----------
A new version of I-D, draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Time Warner Cable and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-l2vpn-vlpm
Revision:  02
Title:  VPLS external Loop Protection Mechanism (VLPM)
Creation date:  2013-05-02
Group:  Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-l2vpn-vlpm
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02

Abstract:
    In reference and response to draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req-01,
    this document describes a solution in the form of a protocol
    function named VPLS External Loop Protection Mechanism (VLPM).

    VLPM is a protocol for a service provider to deploy at the PE to
    detect layer-2 loops in any external layer-2 segments (customer LAN)
    where customer deployed loop prevention methods may have failed.

    After detection of such a loop it facilitates configurable actions
    to protect the rest of the VPLS Domain from being affected without
    the need for inter-operation with customer network protocols, other
    VPLS PEs or sites.

The IETF Secretariat

________________________________
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.