Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:36:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Florin Balus
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-04.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   The scalability of H-VPLS with Ethernet access networks can be
   improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality in
   the VPLS access. Provider Backbone Bridging has been standardized as
   IEEE 802.1ah-2008, and aims to improve the scalability of MAC
   addresses and service instances in Provider Ethernet networks. This
   document describes different interoperability scenarios where
   Provider Backbone Bridge functionality is used in H-VPLS with
   Ethernet or MPLS access network to attain better scalability in terms
   of number of customer MAC addresses and number of service instances.
   The document also describes the scenarios and the mechanisms for
   incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality within H-VPLS
   with existing Ethernet access and interoperability among them.
   Furthermore, the document discusses the migration mechanisms and
   scenarios by which Provider Backbone Bridge functionality can be
   incorporated into H-VPLS with existing MPLS access.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/