Subject: Protocol Action: 'Virtual Private Lan Services (VPLS) Management Information Base' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mib-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:52:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Virtual Private Lan Services (VPLS) Management Information Base'
  (draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mib-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mib/

Technical Summary

  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  
   In particular, it describes managed objects for to configure and/or
   monitor Virtual Private LAN services. It needs to be used in
   conjunction with The Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base.

Working Group Summary

     This document is an L2VPN Working Group document, adopted in August
     2007, and which passed WG last call in July 2010.  The doc was well
     reviewed in the WG up to WG last call, and has subsequently been
     further reviewed by the WG chairs and by a MIB doctor.  We believe it
     is now stable and complete. 

Document Quality

     In the view of the chairs the document is now of sufficient quality
     to be published as an RFC.  There are now multiple implementations
     by multiple vendors.

Personnel

     Document Shepherd: Giles Heron ([email-masked])
     Area Director: Stewart Bryant ([email-masked])