Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:11:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPN
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Aldrin Isaac
                          James Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for BGP MPLS based Ethernet VPNs
   (EVPN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jakob Heitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:30:04 +0000

The diff is large, but much seems to be language rewrites and clarification.
Could the authors please submit a list of substantive changes.

Thanks,
Jakob.

-----Original Message-----
From: L2vpn [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

---

From: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:07:12 +0000

Hi Jakob,

The reason the diff looks large is because some of the sections have been
reshuffled. Here are the main changes to this rev:

1. Modified section 5 to have a generalized format for ESI w/ additional
ESI types

2. Clarified the advertisement of Ethernet A-D per ES route when the
number of associated RTs is more than the limit to be advertised with a
single route. In such case, instead of a single Ethernet A-D per ES route,
a set of such routes is advertised
 
3. Added a 2nd MPLS label to the MAC route. This label is optional

4. Added text to security section

5. Added text to IANA section

Cheers,
Ali

On 2/13/14 4:30 PM, "Jakob Heitz" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>tools.ietf.org.
>

---

From: Zhuangshunwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:26:15 +0800

Dear Authors,
I have a minor question, see inline.

8.4.1.1.1 Auto-Derivation from the Ethernet Tag ID

   The following is the procedure for deriving the RT attribute
   automatically from the Ethernet Tag ID associated with the
   advertisement:

        +    The Global Administrator field of the RT MUST
             be set to the Autonomous System (AS) number that the PE
             belongs to.

Vincent:  Here Global Administrator field contains a 2 octets long number, but the Autonomous System (AS) number could be 4 octets, how to handle such case?

        +    The Local Administrator field of the RT contains a 4
             octets long number that encodes the Ethernet Tag-ID. If the
             Ethernet Tag-ID is a two octet VLAN ID then it MUST be
             encoded in the lower two octets of the Local Administrator 
             field and the higher two octets MUST be set to zero.

Regards,
Vincent

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: L2vpn [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked]
发送时间: 2014年2月14日 8:11
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05.txt

Abstract:

---

From: Zhuangshunwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:30:56 +0800

Dear Authors,

Vincent:  Here Global Administrator field contains a 2 octets long number,
but the Autonomous System (AS) number could be 4 octets, how to handle such
case?

Regards,
Vincent

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: L2vpn [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Ali Sajassi (sajassi)
发送时间: 2014年2月14日 9:07
收件人: Jakob Heitz; [email-masked]
主题: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-05.txt

Hi Jakob,

 

Cheers,
Ali