Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:26:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IP-Only LAN Service (IPLS)
        Authors         : Himanshu Shah
                          Eric Rosen
                          Francois Le Faucheur
                          Giles Heron
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-13.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2014-02-11

Abstract:
   A Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) [VPLS] is used to interconnect
   systems across a wide-area or metropolitan-area network, making it
   appear that they are on a private LAN.  The systems which are
   interconnected may themselves be LAN switches.  If, however, they
   are IP hosts or IP routers, certain simplifications to the operation
   of the VPLS are possible.  We call this simplified type of VPLS an
   "IP-only LAN Service" (IPLS).  In an IPLS, as in a VPLS, LAN
   interfaces are run in promiscuous mode, and frames are forwarded
   based on their destination MAC addresses.  However, the maintenance
   of the MAC forwarding tables is done via signaling, rather than via
   the MAC address learning procedures specified in [IEEE 802.1D].
   This draft specifies the protocol extensions and procedures for
   support of the IPLS service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-ipls-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/