Subject: RFC 7309 on Redundancy Mechanism for Inter-domain VPLS Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7309

        Title:      Redundancy Mechanism for Inter-domain VPLS 
                    Service 
        Author:     Z. Liu, L. Jin,
                    R. Chen, D. Cai, S. Salam
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24644
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7309.txt

In many existing Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) inter-domain
deployments (based on RFC 4762), pseudowire (PW) connectivity offers
no Provider Edge (PE) node redundancy, or offers PE node redundancy
with only a single domain.  This deployment approach incurs a high
risk of service interruption, since at least one domain will not
offer PE node redundancy.  This document describes an inter-domain
VPLS solution that provides PE node redundancy across domains.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC