Subject: Re: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-07

From: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:14:03 +0000

Hi Adrian,

This is mostly an update to a previous disclosure where some of the patent
applications have now been granted and the patent application numbers have
been replaced with the patent numbers. The terms of this disclosure is
IDENTICAL to the previous disclosure.

However, there seems to be one additional patent application added to the
list. The previous list included five patents and the new list has six. It
seems like this sixth one was not disclosed by mistake as Cisco IP
department was notified of this application related to this IETF draft by
Cisco co-authors over a year ago. I believe at the end of the day, I am
responsible for it and I should have double checked but it was an honest
mistake and as noted there the terms of this disclosure remains identical
to the previous one.

Regards,
Ali 

On 8/30/14, 4:32 AM, "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello working group,
>
>This disclosure might be considered to have arrived late in the cycle
>since the I-D completed WG last call on 23rd May 2014.
>
>There is at least come visible overlap with
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1910/ but I think there is also new IPR
>covered by this new disclosure.
>
>We are, of course, always grateful to see IPR disclosures so that
>implementers know where they stand in advance of implementation, but it
>is worth noting that on or before 30th of May all of the authors
>explicitly declared that they knew of no undisclosed IPR, so if anyone
>has anything they want to say by way of explanation, now would be a good
>time.
>
>I have neither the time nor the Internet access at the moment to research
>who is listed as inventors and who worked on this I-D, but since the I-D
>is still waiting for an update after AD review (42 days!) this affords
>the WG some time to look at the IPR and consider whether it changes the
>way the WG wants to proceed.
>
>Thanks,
>Adrian
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: IETF Secretariat [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> Sent: 27 August 2014 18:53
>> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
>> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
>> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>> Subject: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to
>>draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-
>> 07
>> 
>> 
>> Dear Rahul Aggarwal, Ali Sajassi, Aldrin Isaac, Jim Uttaro, Dr. Nabil
>>N. Bitar:
>> 
>>  An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "BGP
>>MPLS Based
>> Ethernet VPN" (draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn) was submitted to the IETF
>>Secretariat on
>> 2014-08-27 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual
>>Property Rights
>> Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2420/). The title of the
>>IPR
>> disclosure is "Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to
>>draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-07."");
>> 
>> The IETF Secretariat
>
>

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 20:35:44 +0100

That sounds cool, Ali.

Firstly, thanks to all involved for both updating the disclosure to handle the
transition from application to granted patent, and for adding the missed piece
of IPR.

Secondly, thanks to you Ali for clarifying the situation.

Cheers,
Adrian

> From: Ali Sajassi (sajassi) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 02 September 2014 18:14
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> Cc: [email-masked]; Giles Heron (giheron); [email-masked]; Dan Lang (dlang)
> Subject: Re: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to
draft-ietf-l2vpn-
> evpn-07