Subject: RFC7432 - ES-import RT

From: Prasannakumara S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 18:46:36 +0530

Hi All,

Related sections are:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7432#section-5
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7432#section-7.6

Would like to understand how ES-import RT should behave in case of

1. ESI type 1 - statically configured
    In this case on what basis one should import the ESI route as ES-import
RT does not talk about ESI type 1. Why this should not follow the same
semantics of creating ES-import RT as done for ESI Type 2; with the 6
high-order octates? If same ESI is configured in different VTEPS then it
would still work.
This question comes because manually configuring the manual RT is tough to
meet multiple combinations of multihomed sites.

2. ESI type 3 - MAC based ESI of the PE
    If MAC of the PE is considered then how different PE's can produce the
same unique ESI? instead it should have used CE's MAC address?
Since last/hig-order 6 octets are used for import how RT-import works?

Let me know if I am missing something.

Please refer me to any other drafts which are trying to address this; I can
discuss over there and be part of that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prasanna

-- 
.