Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7432 (5746)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 00:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7432,
"BGP MPLS-Based Ethernet VPN".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5746

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Yang Huang <[email-masked]>

Section: 11.2

Original Text
-------------

11.2.  P-Tunnel Identification
"...+ If the PE that originates the advertisement uses ingress 
replication for the P-tunnel for EVPN, the route MUST include the
PMSI Tunnel attribute with the Tunnel Type set to Ingress
Replication and the Tunnel Identifier set to a routable address of
the PE."

Corrected Text
--------------
a routable address of the PE is not so strict. And does this mean 
we use the Tunnel Identifier to construct P2P tunnel for ingress 
replication, or we use the Originating Router's IP Address in the 
IMET route key, or they are equivalent meaning?
This may cause interact problems when it implements differently. 
Could you clarify this? Thanks.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7432 (draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : BGP MPLS-Based Ethernet VPN
Publication Date    : February 2015
Author(s)           : A. Sajassi, Ed., R. Aggarwal, N. Bitar, A. Isaac, J. Uttaro, J. Drake, W. Henderickx
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG